Sunday, July 5, 2009

In San Diego the past few days


Had a scare at the conclusion of my raft trip...My father had a fall in his house and was admitted to the hospital for four days. Hard on an 88-year-old. He had a TIA (mini-stroke) and it has thrown him for a loop. Drag...he's needed us to be on him 24-7 since late June to be sure he stays on meds and doesn't fall again. We've been wrangling out a new care deal for him...he is *understandably* reluctant to relinquish more of his (already dwindling) personal independence. If you are out there and are dealing with this kind of thing, I would love to talk to you.

Concurrently with this has been a family reunion. I've gotten to know a side of my family (connected with my brother-in-law Steve) that I didn't know well, and enjoyed all of them greatly. Very different and very interesting. I hope this will continue.



I am off day after tomorrow for Eastern Sierra and some flyfishing. more to come.

No comments: